The deadline was 4 p.m., Aug. 14, to file as a candidate for two, four-year trustee positions on the Van Buren Public School Board of Education, which will be filled in the Nov. 6 General Election.
Filing by the deadline were four candidates:
• Kathleen Kovach, 47097 Bemis Road, Sumpter Township;
• Toni Hunt, incumbent, 43025 Willis Road, Sumpter Township;
• Benjamin Ross, 12815 Lake Pointe Pass, Van Buren Township; and
• Kelly Owen, 42607 Maude Ct., Van Buren Township.
School Board vice president Brenda McClanahan did not seek re-election and has passed the first hurdle – the primary election – in her quest for a seat on the Van Buren Township Board of Trustees.
District Library Board
Four candidates filed for three seats open on the Belleville Area District Library Board by the July 19 deadline. Candidates are:
• Joy Cichewicz, incumbent, Sumpter Township;
• Michael Boelter, incumbent, Sumpter Township;
• John Juriga, incumbent, City of Belleville; and
• George Chedraue, City of Belleville.
This race also will be on the Nov. 6 General Election ballot.