Diane Wilson, director of the Belleville Area Museum, was among the three Van Buren Township employees present at the June 7 board meeting to accept their service awards.
Eleven employees were scheduled to be honored.
Wilson received a service award for 15 years as director of the museum. She confirmed to the Independent that she will retire from her position at the end of June.
Also present to receive their awards was Jennifer Wright, Director of Parks and Recreation, for 10 years of service, and Adam Byrd, Community Policing Officer, for five years.
Others honored in absentia for their service were:
• Matthew Forster, Plan Review/Building Inspector, 15 years;
• Kirk Jenkins, DPW III, 15 years;
• Marc Abdilla, police detective, 15 years;
• Kenneth Floro, police lieutenant, 15 years;
• Dale Harrison, police officer, 15 years;
• David Schuler, ordinance officer, 10 years;
• Ryan McCormick, police officer, 5 years; and
• Ken Burke, fire fighter, 5 years.
Certificates, pins, and coffee cups were presented to – or ready for — each honoree.